Premed 101 Forums

UT Waitlist

Guest DB

For those still waiting:

It is good to hear that Queens also has a perpetual wait-list.

I called the UT admissions office last Wednesday and she told me that some people may remain on the waitlist until the SECOND WEEK OF SEPTEMBER!!

I asked her if I would receive refusal notice prior to that, and she said no, only admission.

Make of this whatever you want to. I however do not believe that they will let people wait until September but rather will send out refusals when all applicants are confirmed. On that matter, does anyone know when deposits / tuition statements are sent out? That might be a good indication that the class has finally been filled.

Guest cheech10

ROSI (the student records repository) already shows a balance owing for students that have been accepted, so tuition statements could be on their way. I don't think there are any deposits either. I can't think of any other indirect hints that the class may be filled.

Guest batman

As i am also on this perpetual waitlist, I think its best to put it out of your mind, and focus on other things. Although its somewhat inconsiderate (or cruel) what the adcoms are doing by not letting us know anything, there's not much we can do, Personally, i assume rejection, and move ahead with my life and apply again for next year. Or, we can sit and sweat for another two months, with a faint glimmer of hope.

Guest medwant2b

Hi DB:

The info you got contradicts the stuff admissions told me. It seems we talked to different people and there is a bit of confusion at admissions about what the process really is. :(

I don't think any one likes the perpetual waitlist. The reason they maintain one is "some people don't show-up when classes start" (those are the words of the admissions person I talked to); some people don't finish their graduate work in time and have to defer. I have a tendency to think the class has already been filled; batman is probably right about it being a faint glimmer of hope.

Guest philly77

Last week I called Leslie Taylor at admissions and she said that right now the class is full, but they will retain a few people on the waitlist in case some of the accepted people back out or don't show up. However, since the office will be quite busy at the start of classes, final letters (to those alternates who don't get in) won't go out until early-to-mid-September.

Guest medwant2b

Hi philly77:

Thanks for the up-date.

When did you call last week?

I'm wondering whether a batch of rejections might be in the mail.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stargirl

does anyone know if u of t did send out a batch of rejections and are down to a short waitlist...haven't gotten anything so far, and despite the fact that i am getting on with things, i am wondering if there might be a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel?

Archived