Premed 101 Forums

Toronto Costs

Guest ioncannon97

Guest ioncannon97

Hello, I have just finished my first year undergrad and am begining to think about where I would like to apply to Medical School. Toronto is an attractive school but the costs associated with it frighten me. I just wanted to know (from any U of T med students on this board), what the yearly cost of attending medical school in Toronto is for them (i.e. everything including tuition, books, equipment, rent, food , buses, etc.). I know these costs vary based on lifestyle but could U of T students post the amount of money they need for an Academic Year at UofT meds including these costs so that I have some idea of whether I want to apply to Toronto or consider some cheaper places like london, winnipeg, or saskatoon. Any responses would be appreciated.

Guest UWOMED2005

Not sure about U of T, but at UWO each year I'd guess is roughly $25,000-35,000 (for EVERYTHING - equipment, books, housing, food, some clothes, the occasional night out) depending how frugal you are. I spent about $30,000. Our Tuition is cheaper than U of T's (I believe $14,000 vs. $16,000) and there is of course the question of Toronto housing prices.

Hope that gives you a better idea. . . but I'm sure the U of T moderators have more reliable info.

Archived