Premed 101 Forums

Writing in the US of A

ChexMix

Hi all, hope studying is coming along nicely!

I have a quick question about writing in the states. I did a search and nothing came up. I was wondering if anyone has written in university of buffalo before (Capen Hall), or just buffalo in general. How did you guys get there? I live in Toronto and I am thinking I should get there the day before. Are there any hotels you guys recommend?

Also, more importantly, would an Ontario driver's license suffice at registration? what would I need to bring to the test?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Hi all, hope studying is coming along nicely!

I have a quick question about writing in the states. I did a search and nothing came up. I was wondering if anyone has written in university of buffalo before (Capen Hall), or just buffalo in general. How did you guys get there? I live in Toronto and I am thinking I should get there the day before. Are there any hotels you guys recommend?

Also, more importantly, would an Ontario driver's license suffice at registration? what would I need to bring to the test?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

You are going to need a passport or Nexus card to cross the border; so, those should come in handy ;)

Have you looked into accomodations on the university campus? That's where I would start. If not, there's got to be a cheap hotel close by.

Good luck on your MCAT!

Thanks alot Halcyon for your help!!!

I was wondering if it is sufficient to present a current Ontario driver's license (government-issued photo ID) at registration in the states. In other words, writing in the states it's the same process and requirement as in Ontario right? They don't have some requirements for "foreign people" right? For those of you who wrote there what was it like?

Sorry I don't go to the states often:P

Thanks for all the help!

Archived