Premed 101 Forums

When can we start applying for this year?

Hey guys,

I will be applying to dental schools in canada this year, and I want to know about when the schools open their application for this year.

I see that the deadlines are usually in december, but I hope to view the applications as early as possible to prepare better.

Could you please answer my questions if you don't mind:

1. When do they open usually? (if you could let me know this by schools, that'd be really nice)

2. What are some things that you'd recommend me to prepare during summer for the application? (for each school, please)

3. When is the good time to ask for reference letters?

Thank you so much in advance for your answers!

I'd also like to know when the schools will update their websites for 2010.

I know that for the U of A, the site isn't updated for the upcoming year until all of the available spots have been filled and the acceptance stats processed. It seems to me that this happens around late September, early October. As far as application dates are concerned, they open the application feature on July 1st. I can't answer in blanket terms for all Canadian schools, but I would imagine that this is likely the same for most of them.

hm.. so let's say an application process opens in october and applications are due in december.

When is a good time to apply? is it better to submit as early as possible at all?

When did you guys apply this year?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

hm.. so let's say an application process opens in october and applications are due in december.

When is a good time to apply? is it better to submit as early as possible at all?

When did you guys apply this year?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

A good time to apply is anytime from when applications open in October up until the deadline in December. There is no preference given to those who apply later or earlier. Apply whenever you have time. For the schools I applied to in Ontario, the applications literally took no more than 30 minutes each. All I really had to do was fill out personal info (name, address etc.) and marks.

Archived