Premed 101 Forums

Deposit

Guest 2006med

Guest 2006med

Is it just me or was there NO DEPOSIT for U of T? I found this a little weird, as all the other med schools that I got accepted into wanted at least $200 up front.

Guest Akane200

what deposit??? You just pay your $15k tuition upfront in august when they send you the invoice. Why ask for a deposit when the tuition is like that. :b

What do the other schools need the deposits for? residence???

Guest UWOMED2005

There's no deposit at UWO either, at least none that I can recall. Deposits are usually intended to ensure that if someone is offered a seat and is coming in September, that they actually will. I haven't heard of too many med students being offered admissions and then deciding suddenly during the summer not to go.

Guest 2006med

I thought that the tuition is split into two payments (Aug and Jan) - you have to pay all of the tuition at once?? It's like 16.5K this year for U of T. Who has that much money lying around? Did you guys know that only 7 years ago, the tuition at U of T was $3800??? That's absolutely absurd!! It's gone up like 500% in less than ten years. I don't understand how universities get away with ripping poor students off.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived