Premed 101 Forums

Application question

Hello, I have a question about the application process and was wondering if anyone could answer it for me. At any point in the process (from submission to admission) does the committee contact previous volunteer locations or employers listed on the application that is not a reference source? I ask this because I had an argument with a co-ordinator at one of my previous volunteer locations right before I left; will the school contact the location during the application process if it is listed on my application? Thanks.

Technally, it's a possibility.

IN all liklihood, they have thousands of applicants with each one having tens of verifierers. They dont have the time to contact everyone. Likely they pick and choose (at random?) a few from everyone, if at all.

Basically, it could happen. Not for sure however.

Yes, and to continue with that...

At which point they happen to contact your verifier, they're basically just asking to confirm whether or not you did that activity. They don't ask the verifier about your potential to be a doctor blah blah.

If you're worried your verifier will lie about you performing that activity, is there anyone else from that organization that could vouch for you? Or even a friend who knows you very well (as long as you dont have too many of these)?

So in the case that they contact them and only verify whether or not I did the activity, will any additional comments be taken into account? I.e. comments on my performance as judged by the co-ordinator? I'm not worried that they will lie or something like that, but that particular co-ordinator is really the only person that can verify for me, and also happens to be the person I had an argument with before I left.

Generally, they just call to verify that you did the activity. Your performance in a particular activity would be assesed through reference letters.

Most likely (almost certainly), that one verifier wont even be called, since there are thousands of applicants, each with tens of verifiers

Archived