Premed 101 Forums

Tomorrow

Guest medwant2b

Guest medwant2b

I popped into the admissions office today and had a short conversation with one of the admissions officers.

Here is some of what was said:

-Tomorrow more offers will be made and that at the moment files are still being reviewed; approximately 75 files are still open.

-A few people turned down UT and a few spots (how many? -- I don't know) are still available.

-Sometime in the next two weeks the penultimate group of rejection letters will go out. If you don't get anything and haven't heard anything in two weeks you've probably made the short waitlist.

-The very last offers are often made in August but sometimes in early September.

-It doesn't look like UT will be increasing the number of spots this year; UT lobbied the government to avoid expanding the number of spots (on account of not getting enough money to cover the costs of the students they already have).

Guest stargirl

wow! did you hypnotize them to get all that info! i'll be the first of the wait-listees to tell you, on behalf of all of us still in limbo, THANKS!

Guest philly77

Yes, thanks for the shedding some light, medwant2b. As an OOP waitlistee, I really appreciate it. The uncertainty can sometimes be difficult to handle, so I'm glad I found this forum. Good luck to all co-waitlistees!

Guest medwant2b

I'm not sure how I managed to do it; but, my guess is being courteous paid-off. It is a pleasure to hear that the post was appreciated. :)

Guest thegreatnorthernlush

wow

thats great info!

i've went in a couple times and was always on my best behaivour... but never got any info!

thanks for the fyi

Guest Clark Gable

Chances are very slim of getting in - imagine, at the start chances were over 50% (statistically), then at the second round, probably around 25%. Now, chances are perhaps less than 5% (based on the assumption that there are 100 of us and maybe 5 spots available until they fill the class. Of course this is pure speculation on my part.

People, don't cling to a non-existant hope. You might get in, but 99% you won't. Start thinking about next year.

I dont think 5% is a correct assumption

Many students have been accepted to other medical schools by now, so the actual list is probably small. U of T has a large class, and a large number who defer.

Thus since they only interview about 400, about 250-300 have either deferred U of T, Accepted or accepted at another medical school, or finally, some had received rejections. Thus, for the 50 spots that may be unfilled (as the secretary at U of T hinted at to my good friend also waiting). That leaves about 100-150 for those spots. Thus the chances are still fairly good.

Knowing me, I probably goofed on my assumptions here, so feel free to rip it apart. Be nice though, I do have feelings to ya know. :D

V

do you know of any people who actually got a rejection letter from U of T after being interviewed???? it seems that everybody (no matter how bad) who interviewed was either accepted or put on a waitlist...

Guest goofball

yes, I still have to hear of ONE person who posted that they had been refused.

However, there are a lot of people who don't post that information, especially after June1st.

++++++++++++++

I hope, that I, the Almighty Goofball, harbinger of all Things Good And Evil, will get a letter that Welcomes me to study medicine at the University of Toronto, along with all those TOP-RATED CANDIDATES WHO WERE ACCEPTED AT THE FIRST AND SECOND ROUND. YOU GUYS ARE THE CREAM OF THE CROP AND THE HEROS OF SOCIETY!

Archived