Premed 101 Forums

Grad Studies

Greetings everyone,

A little about myself, I am a father of two and completing my BSc in Psychology in 2010 and after I graduate I may either apply for masters or stay an extra year. I have a question to anyone familiar with masters application. I plan on applying for masters, and I am aware that they check grades for the final two years, my problem is that I have several first year courses in my final two year. I am wondering whether having 1.5 credits (1st year course) in my third year and 2.0 credit (1st year course) in my fourth year negatively affect my competitiveness of my application.

After volunteering in a few labs, I became increasingly interested in research, thus, my decision in choosing masters as a possibility (Don't think my 3.6ish cGPA would be that competitive :P , might stay a extra year though).

As a graduating MSc student I can tell you that, based on what i've seen and heard, most graduate programs are quite flexible. What I mean by that is, if you were to find a supervisor that really wants you, the department of graduate studies will most likely take you regardless of your GPA (unless its really bad...you wouldn't have problems with a 3.6). Even if you dont have a supervisor, the school will most likely accept you either way with that GPA.

Archived