Premed 101 Forums

Still waiting

Guest stargirl

Guest Catsass

I called the office today and the lady said that some additional offers were mailed this week. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything yet. They'll be mailing offers out all summer until just before September so if anyone DOES receive anything before then, it will be good news.

Guest stargirl

Oh for the love of God....can they not just get their act together...it's not as if we have LIVES or anything...

sorry - i'm only temporarily bitter...i'm sure it will pass. i'll go whine to myself in the corner now...

Guest maxell

Not entirely true: people are taken off the waiting-list as soon as they have confirmed that their class is full- you could get a final rejection letter on Monday. I know this as a matter of fact. That is the way it was done last year. Some people received a final refusal letter in the 3rd week of June in 2001.

Also, it stands to reason that they will be phoning potential candidates to confirm whether they actually want to -still- go to the UofT. I suspect they have already done that. That is the way it is done by Ottawa and Queens at least, and makes it sense. However given the extremely unprofessional way the school has dealt with everything so far - from interview letters to seemingly placing every one not admitted on the waiting-list (pure conjecture on my part)I put nothing past them.

Guest JSS02

Since many schools are sending out letters in batches at the beginning, rather than one by one, I wouldn't be surprised if U of T doesn't start calling waitlisted people just yet (since it's more work). I received acceptances from Queen's and Western this week, but neither was preceded by a phone call.

Guest JSS02

Hey premed, I've decided to accept Western and turn down Queen's. However, I still want to wait it out and see what happens with U of T. I'm not certain I would pick it over Western, but would at least consider it seriously, and so I think it's worth staying on the waitlist until July 3rd. Good luck with whichever schools you're waiting for.

Guest stressed

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Why can't they just tell us!?!?! I'm gettting on with my life, and trying to put this out of my mind, but this really feels like a helpless situation purposely tailored to make us sweat and sweat and sweat some more....

hey guys... I am sorry that we all have to go through this.

To keep the info up to date, I will add that I received an acceptance letter on friday from UofT.

btw, here is the kicker...

so I was originally waitlisted, right.... I still have to finish my masters and received an acceptance with the condition that I finish my thesis by august, 2002. That is not possible. Can I differ? I don't know. I opened the letter on friday at 6pm and have to wait until monday morning to ask... this has been an 'interesting' week-end...

I think UofT will continuously sends out offers as new spots open up. Once the class spots are full, they will send out the rejections. This will most likely be in late august, as some people back out then and their spots can be filled...

I hope this is useful. Good luck to everyone :)

Guest Pop 999

hi sncr,

I am in the same boat. I got the letter of offer on June 3rd and worried about not being able to finish on time.

here are the steps that I took:

1)carved out a detailed plan on when I can complete

2)talk to my supervisor about the plan

3)worte out a letter explaning my situation

4)got my prof to write a letter to support my plan

5)submit the whole package as soon as possible.

The result?? --- Extenion of the deadline to complete.

now, I will complete before the start of classes... I don't know if this holds true for you or not. so if you are asking to defer a year... then it might be another story.

But I hope they will be OK about it.

If you need anymore help, you can email me at

popcicle999@hotmail.com

Cheers, and hope to see you in sept.

Pop

Archived