Premed 101 Forums

Practice AAMC vs Actual Test

Angela

In general, I think they are representative of the actual test. However, there seems to be a general consensus that AAMC 3 is much easier than the actual MCAT. I've also heard that AAMC 7 and 8 are harder than the actual test, although I did not find this to be necessarily true.

They usually say (and I noticed this the first time I wrote too), that your score the first time is likely to be on the lower end of what you were scoring on practice exams.. so they are fairly representative, but the stress and pressure you (usually) feel writing on the actual day drop your score a bit. That's just what my experience was though I'm sure many others may vary on that.

They usually say (and I noticed this the first time I wrote too), that your score the first time is likely to be on the lower end of what you were scoring on practice exams.. so they are fairly representative, but the stress and pressure you (usually) feel writing on the actual day drop your score a bit. That's just what my experience was though I'm sure many others may vary on that.

Yah I agree with everything that you have said (10 characters:o )

This isn't really on topic with this thread, but for those of you who have written and received your scores:

In what manner exactly do the scores show up on the AAMC website? After we log-in, does it just list a lot of scores along with different AAMC ID #'s, or does it take you to a page that tells you your individual mark? I'm guessing the latter, but want to know for sure.... already getting anxious to check it out and it's still 3ish weeks away....lol :eek:

This isn't really on topic with this thread, but for those of you who have written and received your scores:

In what manner exactly do the scores show up on the AAMC website? After we log-in, does it just list a lot of scores along with different AAMC ID #'s, or does it take you to a page that tells you your individual mark? I'm guessing the latter, but want to know for sure.... already getting anxious to check it out and it's still 3ish weeks away....lol :eek:

Individual marks.

You'll get your number mark (out of 15 or J-T) and then you'll see the percentile you fall into out of everyone who wrote the same MCAT as you.

Archived