Premed 101 Forums

Anyone writing MCAT on Aug 14?

Slimy

Hi guys

To be honest, it's been the most stressful summer ever for me lol

Going to gym doesn't seem to fully destroy all the stress I get from MCAT

I've been studying for MCAT for 2months now alongside with a part-time job.

BS and PS seem okay since I took the related courses in univ.

I am just concerned with VR , WS.

The highest I've ever gotten on VR at AAMC past exam is 11 on VR... usually 10 or 9 tho. UGH THE NEMESIS

My WS seems to be tight I guess mainly 'cause I find spots where I can improve on while writing.

I try to resist the temptation to complete the 3 tasks FIRST. damn.

I just hope for the best for both VR and WS. *finger crossed* for easy essay topic! :P

Question for all those trying practise exams online: are you finding that Kaplan and Princeton Review's mcats are ridiculously more difficult that the AAMC ones (at least for VR)? My theory is that they want you to score lower so you are convinced that you need to purchase one of their courses or books etc.. at least this is what I'm telling myself, but I would be interested to hear what others' experiences have been lately.

Way back when I did TPR practices

I scored

17 (3 in bio lol), 18, 24 on the TPR tests

and then 29,31,33,31 on the AAMC's

31 on the actual test.

So part of the TPR low score was in part that I was only part way through review but the 24 on the 3rd tpr and the 29 on the first AAMC came only 4 or 5 days apart.

I find Kaplan marks the VR and PS much harder than the AAMC practice tests but I feel that AAMC practice tests usually mark harder on the BS. Reading about this makes me feel better since I've been stressing the last 2 months over VR:

Kaplan VR 4-7 vs. AAMC VR 7-9 !!!!! Two whole score difference! :eek:

Good luck for Friday!

Archived