Premed 101 Forums

how does the waitlist work?

Guest rk

perhaps the moderators will have the appropriate info to be able to answer this question.....what is the process now for those who have been waitlisted? is the list ranked? the waitlist said that another batch of acceptances would be sent out in the third week of june and from then onwards the class will be filled according to vacancies that may occur...does that mean that only 198 acceptances have been sent out so far and depending on how many accept the offer additional acceptances will be sent out in the 3rd week of june? does that seem plausible? would love to hear what you guys have to say..

Guest chong

Furthermore, if i'm is on the waitlist, am i still required to send in my final transcripts, or is that only if you recieve an offer?

Guest JSS02

I would go ahead and send in the transcripts ASAP. Other schools like Queen's and Western specifically request that you have them sent to OMSAS by June 29 (even if you're on the waitlist), so I presume it would be the same for UofT, even if it's not mentioned in the letter.

I think all waitlists at Canadian schools are "ranked". When someone withdraws, then the person at the top of the list gets an offer. In past years U of T has given out 240 acceptances initially, so if it's the same this time then we'll have to wait until at least 42 people withdraw before they start going into the waitlist.

Archived