Premed 101 Forums

Early Interviews

So Dal's applications opened today and I was just browsing through and saw the option to submit early and be interviewed by Nov 21st!

I don't recall this being an option in the past but please correct me if I'm wrong.

While I'm an outside shot to receive an interview to begin with, I think it's a good option with Ontario applications going on as well.... It's a fairly big load off if you have multiple Ontario interviews to be able to have a flight and interview out on the east coast already under one's belt and to find out so early whether or not you did meet that first hurdle.

Just wondering what some other opinions on this option are.... I wonder if it proves to be too popular if they'll have to defer many applicants from this early option back to the ordinary cycle?

This is the first year that they've offered this option. On the website it indicates that it is due to an anticipated increase in applicants stemming from the newly minted NB campus.

I think it is a good choice for you supafield, especially if they deliver acceptances early! I will probably wait for the second date, because I'm IP and I'd have to travel to NB for an early interview.

I'm starting to wonder if submitting it earlier will make a difference to our chances of getting in but it says the early interview is only at NB. How many seats is Dal allowing for NB this year?

To OP: I think it's a good idea to give the early interview a try.

I don't believe it would accelerate the decision... that would be encroaching on the U.S. rolling admission style....

I think it's merely a way of encouraging people not to crash there system with applications on the final day possible allowing them to spread out their efforts and keep things reasonable throughout the year... perhaps interview a few more people than usual...

That said, I really don't know for sure.... it'll be nice to potentially hear on an interview by early november.... get the ball rolling before the big rush/potential disappointment in Jan/Feb lol.

• 2 weeks later...

lol i know, i know. I wonder if it's even the same interviewers. If it is, then I'd say that going early has some advantage in that you're not compared against the later applicants.

ie

Applicant 1: I volunteered overseas for a summer at ___ village.

Applicant 2: I volunteered overseas for a summer at ____ village and while I was there I entered a street fighter tournament. I still don't understand the physics of how a man can spit fireballs from his mouth through yoga practice...

lol i know, i know. I wonder if it's even the same interviewers. If it is, then I'd say that going early has some advantage in that you're not compared against the later applicants.

ie

Applicant 1: I volunteered overseas for a summer at ___ village.

Applicant 2: I volunteered overseas for a summer at ____ village and while I was there I entered a street fighter tournament. I still don't understand the physics of how a man can spit fireballs from his mouth through yoga practice...

Lawl, now there's a classic Street Fighter fan! hado-ken!

Archived