Premed 101 Forums

Advice regarding summer course

Ok. So for the most part, i have a decent GPA which is around 3.82.

Now, the only stain on my transcripts is a summer course i took as a visiting student (not at my home university, which doesn't show up on my home university transcript, since i did not need it for my degree).

The problem was that there was alot of transitions in my life that summer, and alas, i ended up with a very low mark ©.

Now, I realize some schools do not take this into account (UofT, Ottawa, Western), but McMaster and the cumulative GPA for Queens do.

There might be a chance where I can petition the mark and get it changed to a PASS. Does anyone know if that would be better?

I've never heard someone petitioning a mark into a 'pass'... but if you are able to do that, i don't see any reason why it wouldn't be better... it's not a prereq course, so if they were to see a 'pass' summer school course, i'm pretty sure it would be the equivalent of nothing, which is what you want i guess... also, a 'pass' isn't factored into cGPA, so there is no reason you would rather have a C (2.0 or whatever that is) be factored in and drag your cGPA down a bit... over 3 or 4 years of marks, 1 C wouldn't be extremely terrible, but a 3.82 might be beginning to push the Queen's border once a C is factored in... so, no reason why you wouldn't want it removed (turned into a pass)

that's my opinion... can't really see a downside

Archived