Premed 101 Forums

number of acceptance/waitlist/rejection

Guest AA

This might have been posted before, so sorry if I missed that thread. Does anyone know how many initial acceptance, waitlist and rejections U of T sent out? Thanks a lot!

Guest concerned2

I know some schools don't send out rejection letters. They just wait-list everyone. Does anyone know if UT actually rejects applicants post-interview?

Moderators, or any current UT med students,do you guys know?

Guest medwant2b

The letter I got starts with the following way:

"The Faculty of Medicine has now sent offers of admission to some applicants and refusal letters to others. Although we have made offers to fill all of the positions available in our class it is possible that a number of the students to whom we have offered admission may not accept. We have retained your application for further considerations should such vacancies arise..."

Cheers, medwant2b

On a thread in the Ottawa forum, someone mentioned that he contacted U of T about their waitlist, and was told that about 100 people are on the waitlist. Assuming they accept around 30 people from the waitlist this year, and assuming 25 of these 100 people withdraw at some point (not necessarily right away), then that means 40% of the remaining people would be accepted by U of T. I think that I'm being conservative with the 25 estimate, but I could be wrong.

Archived