Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interviews are finally over!

Guest YongQ

Guest YongQ

Phew!

Well you've all had your interviews now, and I hope it was a good experience for all of you. Up to acceptance time, if you have any questions about student life here etc., don't hesitate to post on this thread - I'll be checking prety infrequently from now on but I'll try to get to all of your questions before <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> the day<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> (June 1) at the least, so you can decide whether U of T is right for you. Before you post, make sure to check out the other threads and the admissions FAQ:

icarus.med.utoronto.ca/0t5/admissions/

Here's some stuff to add as well:

- there's a rumour that the 0T6 class will have 205 spots, but it could be anywhere from 198 to 205 really

- there were about 430 interviews granted this year

- 240 initial offers of admission will be sent out on May 31, so everybody should get something within a week after

- it's 240 b/c admissions expects at least ~40 people to go elsewhere

- if you haven't gotten anything, don't bug the admissions office until June 10 (I just remember them talking about this in the office)!

- there are some very informative posts about student extracurriculars already in other threads here

- and no, most U of T meds are not studying all the time!

I also apologize for those interviewees who had no tour guides for part of the afternoon, as the 0T5's had PBLs scheduled at the same time. Good luck!

YONGQ

Guest Ian Wong

Thank you's to yourself, Thugjaan, Akane, and all the other U of T med students here who kept us up to date on everything. I think there's a ton of applicants here who appreciate all your updates!

Who's with me on this one?

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Hey YongQ, I know that last year there were 240 offers sent out initially, and the 271 offers included those from the waitlist. If they send out 271 right away, isn't there a chance that they'll more than fill up the class (i.e. too many people accept the offer)?

Guest The Fox Rox

I have head from people I know at U of T med what JD had posted. So I think that is right. 240 initial offers, others taken from waiting list.

Guest Akane200

I just want to wish everyone who did come to the interviews good luck! :)

I hope you liked our school.

It was quite an interesting experience for me as well (although, it is different sitting on the other side of the table). We met some very nice and impressive people. Perhaps I will see some of you next year.

YongQ: no tour guides due to PBL huh? You guys seem even more studious than us second years! ha ha ha (I happened to skip my PBL....) :lol

From my perspective as an interviewee, I found medical student interviewer to be extremely impressive. I felt fortunate in this regard.

Guest YongQ

Hi everybody,

I stand corrected about the 271 - my post is edited accordingly.

Yes, Akane, we in 0T5 are intensely serious about PBL... haha almost couldn't keep a straight face for that! No, really, my PBL this term is actually pretty awesome - the group is great and the tutor has really funny anecdotes. We're all doing lunch next week (mmm buffet!).

YONGQ

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mtws

Thank you YongQ and others for posting this information. It has eased my mind somewhat going into this final night of waiting. I wish I had have seen it earlier.

240/430 = 55.8%. "Them be good odds", I says!

271/430 = 63.0% "Those are even nicer"

It is Monday June 3 and we should finally hear in the morning mail. One more night. :) Good luck to everyone.

Hope to see you all in September.

Matt

Archived