Premed 101 Forums

Taking 6 1/2 first year courses.

Ikky43

Hey guys,

EDIT: So I took 5 first year credits first year. I've enrolled in 4 second year courses, and 1 first year course this year. This makes me end up with 6 full first year credits. I've read on UT's website that only 6 first year courses are counted towards your GPA. However, since I haven't completed the second part of physics, I will still have to take that. This would mean that my total first year credits earned would go past the allowed limit. I am going to be taking the second part of physics during the summer though (as an extra credit). So I was wondering if this would look bad on any med school application? I feel like it's a little insignificant detail, but med schools tend to look at stupid things like these lol.

Thanks for your replies guys.

Oh also, I was wondering if I could take 2 majors and 1 minor in one Bsc degree. I will have enough spare courses to fit in a german minor. But is this possible? or can you just have two majors or one major and two minors. Thanks again!

What year are you in? Are you asking if you should take 6 courses at once or 6 first year courses in an upper division year? If it's the former please don't do it. If you screw up your GPA it will haunt you. If it's the latter, then why not spread them out a little more so that they can balance out harder courses that you have to take.

huh why cant you? i took 5 first year courses in first year and am gonna take 2 first year courses this year. Why would they not count them? I'm not going to take 2nd year elective courses :confused:

You took 5 first year courses and 5 second year courses in first year? i've never known anyone who didn't take all 10 first year courses in first year, maybe a second year course or two...:confused:

i meant 5 full year first year courses in first year and am taking 2 full year first year courses in second year... :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure they will count all of them, u can be in 3rd year and take 60% 3rd year courses and rest u can choose all first year electives or second year it doesnt matter

Archived