Premed 101 Forums

Alright this is NOT what I thought

DOC_Ma

A quote from uoft's website

1) How are non-academic qualifications considered?

60% of the application is based on academics and the remaining 40% is based on non-academic qualifications. As part of the application package, applicants must submit an autobiographical sketch, three standard letters of reference and an autobiographical essay limited to 1000 words. This information will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. The non-academic score (40%) will be combined with the academic score (60%) to provide a rank order of candidates eligible for interview.

So apparently the 60% academic 40% EC formula is only used preinterview, I always thought it was used for post interview and the 40% including the interview score. Well so any one know how they break down between interview and the rest for the final rank?

I'm not certain on UofT... but I do recall seeing that the interview is only worth somewhere in the area of 15%....

wow I hope that is true and I hope GPA counts a lot as my uoft gpa is pretty sexy, but I am not sure about the 15% interview part, I have always heard about the 60% and 40% breakdown but thought it was post interview, and today it looks like its pre interview breakdown directly from their website

Archived