Premed 101 Forums

May 31

Guest stargirl

They send out responses on the 31st. Since it falls on a Friday this year, I don't think we should be expecting anything until at least Monday, June 3.

Guest Goldendoc

For those of us that live in the burbs of Toronto, like Thornhill. When do you think we will get the letters? June 4,5,6,7?? Any ideas? When did people get them last year that lived outside the GTA?

Does anyone know what needs to be done once the letters are received? What does the school ask for? Money? Immunization? CPR certification? transcripts? and when is this usually due? I am travelling this summer from early June to July will this have any effect or cause problems for me??

GOLDENDOC

Guest UWOMED2005

Last year, I was outside the country so I had to call the parents to find news. Initially I was going to call a couple of days later as I figured it would take a few days for the package to arrive, as my mailing address was in Ottawa. I was pleasantly surprised on June 2nd with an e-mail from the parents telling me news had already arrived!

I'm pretty sure they use priority mail or something like that, so even if you are in the burbs it SHOULD arrive at the earliest possible date (June 3rd, I believe due to the weekend.) Please don't stress, though, if it doesn't!

Guest TimmyMax

Hey Goldendoc,

The way I see it, the schools will want proof you've completed any outstanding prereqs (in the case of UWO) and of Hep B vaccination presented before you register (so end of the summer). They'll probably be looking for money some time in August, or beginning of September, just like in undergrad and final transcripts I think will be due either in the middle or end of June in order to make your GPA-conditional acceptance into a firm acceptance. That's what I figure, but of course, I don't know for sure.

If anyone knows for sure, please confirm for the rest of us! Thanks in advance!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest Glenn

Boy -- looking back, am I ever glad that I didn't interview until May. This post-interview waiting is the worst kind of them all! :)

Guest YongQ

I don't know about GTA, but I received my letter in Vancouver last year very soon after May 31st - like the 5th or 6th. I know the wait is excruciating, but if it's good news, it's what makes the event all the more climactic. Good luck everybody!

YONGQ

I was told 250 acceptance letters are sent out may 31st? Is this true?

Does that mean we all have a 250/450 chance of gettting in?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Archived