Premed 101 Forums

Any Difference (The May Experience!)

Guest Champ

Guest aneliz

Hi all,

I finally had my UofT interview yesterday. It was a great experience - cheerful and helpful med students, yummy sandwiches and even some chocolately chip cookies!! No really, it was a good day. Quite relaxed. My interview was about 50 minutes long and was pretty conversational and friendly. No really bad questions. I really liked how we were divided into groups with two med students to give tours, answer questions, get you to your interview room and eat lunch with. I already posted my one 'surprising' question in the interview forum if you want to know.

Cheers! :)

I have to say that UofT was quite similar in my experience to the other schools I interviewed at. The interviewers were friendly (however the Dr talked most of the time and the student hardly got a word in edge wise). As for the types of questions, I thought they were pretty standard, one ethical, no current events, alot of my extracurric's, volunteer, and research experience. It was around 45 minutes long. I enjoyed the way the day was set up, the students showed us a video (like the UBC one if you were at the wine and cheese), and the tours were very informative. Plus there was lots of time to mingle with other applicants and the med students. It was kind of weird eating lunch with the people who had just interviewed me though. Overall it was good. No surprises.

Guest MDwannabe

Interesting. At my interview, the MD interviewer went out of his way to make sure that the medical student interviewer got just as much if not more chance to speak and ask questions. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Archived