Premed 101 Forums

Noob qvestion: (verifier #) goes with the description?

Hey all,

I am having a hard time understanding what it is that OMSAS wants wrt verifier numbers. I am currently filling out the autobiographic sketch, and I am confused about this...I am under the impression that in the description of the activity you choose: Employment-->date ---> then under description you say blah and blah and then add the verifier no in brackets. (verifier no.) Is that correct? For instance...I could say, Employment-->07-08 --> Reception (1)

If this is not correct, then how would they connect the verifier with the activity that is listed in the autobiographic sketch?

Does my q make sense?? If not, then let me know and I will try my best to rephrase it. Sorry for the confusion :o And thanks for the help everyone!

I was wondering the same thing... because the verifier no. obviously goes in the details (since there is a box for verifier#)... but in some of the OMSAS examples, they included the verifier no. within the description in brackets... so I'm a little confused as well

If you click on the help button on the verifier page, it should give you clear instructions. I think you need to write the verifier number down in the activity box "Receptionist, (3)" as well as the description box "I did so and so,(3)".

Does this answer your question?:confused:

Hmm, I'll take a look at the verifier page help box.

BTW, does anyone know if we can list research experience in the sketch if it was part of coursework? For instance, if I did research for a whole semester, as an internship, but also got credit for it...would that go under Research?

I remember that last year, ppl were saying that according to omsas anything w/ a course credit, cannot be on the sketch, but now I can't seem to find a stipulation like that this year. And frankly, I don't even know where to look for such a stipulation, if it exists, this application cycle.

Thanks for your help! :)

Hmm, I'll take a look at the verifier page help box.

BTW, does anyone know if we can list research experience in the sketch if it was part of coursework? For instance, if I did research for a whole semester, as an internship, but also got credit for it...would that go under Research?

I remember that last year, ppl were saying that according to omsas anything w/ a course credit, cannot be on the sketch, but now I can't seem to find a stipulation like that this year. And frankly, I don't even know where to look for such a stipulation, if it exists, this application cycle.

Thanks for your help! :)

Well, my honours project is technically part of my coursework, but I'm still putting it down under research... this is how I did it last year.

Someone please let me know if this is not what we're supposed to be doing.

ETA: I think I remember seeing somewhere in the OMSAS program that honours projects are supposed to go under research, just like NSERCs are supposed to go under Awards & Accomplishments.

Archived