Premed 101 Forums

Are double minors a bad idea?

It should be fine as long as you complete all prereqs required for a particular dental school. I mean, as long as you can complete those you can major in art or music if you really wanted to! Sounds crazy I know. As for a B.Sc, you don't NEED one, I mean they do put you in a different category... those who have a degree vs no degree vs a masters. Although its not much of a difference. There is someone in my class who got in after 3 years (lucky guy), so a degree is not necessary.

If you're really interested in them both go for it. At the end of the day, your marks will go along with what you like and your GPA will too.

That being said, as a 1st year dental student, I wish I would have done a double minor in anatomy and physiology instead of just a Bsc. in physiology. May not have been a good idea on the marks side of things but first year would be a breeze.

As for how the colleges feel about this, I can't see them caring. If they let in people who don't pick degrees at all, then you shouldn't have a problem.

Archived