Premed 101 Forums

indiana U?

hey guys apparently i got an interview at indiana U... but now their asking me for financial info and i have to show PROOF that i have the money to pay... i have to provide all this within 30 days or else... lol... has anyone encountered this.. i havent talked to any banks or anything about loans yet... its the first time i hear of a school asking for all of this before giving admission...

Hello there. I have experienced this as I currently attend IU (I'm a D1). I'm from the Toronto area and yeah, they asked me to provide financial info. I think they just want you to prove that you can pay for a year of school... not really sure why they are the only ones that do it though. I've heard of people just taking out a loan from a bank, printing off a statement and then giving the money back. You may just want to talk to the bank regarding that. Any other questions let me know.

I was also wondering... they said that since i am an international student there is a strong possibility that the interview is for other positions... what do they mean by that? do you any clue...

as for financial proof, do they want like a bank statement showing an account with one year tuition in it? cuz thats alot for a student to provide, its kinda weird...

well i was hoping a bank loan would cover it but they will if they have to... and ya it is very weid but here it is in quotes ``Please be aware that if you are a non-resident applicant, there is a strong likelihood that these interviews will be for alternate positions only. Considering the cost in time and money, this may influence your decision to interview at Indiana University School of Dentistry.``

What`s that supposed to meanÉ

Archived