Premed 101 Forums

rescore request

oohpsjin

Hi,

I've received a 35O on the MCAT I just took (14 PS, 10 VR, 11 BS). I'm disatisfied with my WS score because I've received an R previously. The rescore requests are in, but how long does it usually take, and what do I do in the mean time? If the new scores are not back by Oct 1 (OMSAS deadline), what should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I've received a 35O on the MCAT I just took (14 PS, 10 VR, 11 BS). I'm disatisfied with my WS score because I've received an R previously. The rescore requests are in, but how long does it usually take, and what do I do in the mean time? If the new scores are not back by Oct 1 (OMSAS deadline), what should I do?

Thanks in advance!

If you get a new score after Oct 1, you just email OMSAS and tell them. They'll make sure your file gets updated.

Hi,

I've received a 35O on the MCAT I just took (14 PS, 10 VR, 11 BS). I'm disatisfied with my WS score because I've received an R previously. The rescore requests are in, but how long does it usually take

According to the MCAT Essentials brochure (Page 17):

"We will begin processing rescoring requests once all scoring and data analyses following the test date have been completed and your scores have been reported to you. You will receive the results of rescoring the multiple-choice answers about four weeks after we receive your request. Due to the time involved in imaging the essays (and the nature of the essay scoring process), essay rescoring may require up to four months. We will, however, notify you of the outcome as soon as possible.

Looks like you have quite a bit of waiting ahead of you which unfortunately may jeopardize your applications.

Looks like you have quite a bit of waiting ahead of you which unfortunately may jeopardize your applications.

...which is true, but an "O" will already jeopardize his/her application anyway, so it's worth a shot.

OP, you can also write to the schools directly and let them know what is up, so that the admissions committee can give you special consideration. Mention the previous R (three grades higher) as well in your communications. Goodluck!

Archived