Premed 101 Forums

Honours Thesis?

AG22

Hey everyone,

I've been getting mixed reviews about putting in an honours thesis under research. I get the impression that many people are putting it in, while others are holding off because the website has indicated not to do so (if only I could find it right now), because it's technically part of course work and such. So now I'm thoroughly confused.

So I just wanted to know what the major consensus is?

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I've been getting mixed reviews about putting in an honours thesis under research. I get the impression that many people are putting it in, while others are holding off because the website has indicated not to do so (if only I could find it right now), because it's technically part of course work and such. So now I'm thoroughly confused.

So I just wanted to know what the major consensus is?

Thanks!

There is no need for a major consensus. If you've searched, the answer is clear.

In Employment:

Do not list research positions which are part of your graduate training or honours program. These should be listed under the Research section. NSERC summer studentship should be listed under the Awards section.

In Research:

Please note that projects done as part of a university course do not qualify as research.

i.e. a project that is part of a course (re: lab reports). It's quite obvious an honours thesis is research.

Key: SEARCH!!!!

Archived