Premed 101 Forums

UT website

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I was a little diverted from the studying today and ended up hanging with a pal of mine who's currently in meds at UT. She mentioned that she received an e-mail this week from the UT folk saying that they will be constructing some sort of web-based "discussion" group for prospective and/or current applicants to the UT MD program--ahh, some potential, wee window into the process?! She mentioned that she hadn't really read the e-mail too thoroughly so didn't have too many details. Sounds intriguing though. Keep your e-eyes peeled!

Namaste,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Thanks for that update, YongQ. It'd be a nice resource if they pulled something together.

Actually, on UT bits and you, I had the oddest dream last night--UT had decided not only to open up an informative website for MD program applicants, but also, to hold a clothing sale. I have no idea who you are, but I do know that in the ether you like selling clothes!

(Must have eaten too much cheese before bed.)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Sorry this doesn't have anything to do with U of T, but Western has put together a website similar to what Kirsteen has mentionned. On the 2005 class website there is admissions info and a forum ("Meds 2006 Admissions Forum") for anybody who has questions for the 2005 class.

www.mni.uwo.ca/meds2005

Maybe U of T will do something similar to this.

Guest ThugJaan

Hey,

With regards to the acutal admissions webpage, I can tell you that it will be located on the 0T5 Class Webpage ( icarus.med.utoronto.ca/0t5 ) at the URL:

icarus.med.utoronto.ca/0t5/admissions

As for the slowness in terms of getting this thing going, well sadly there doesn't seem to be a lot of web-based interest amoungst the currrent UofT students. AS for the actual admissions page, I am not in charge of setting that up, I am only transferring over the <html> files and tweaking some coding, so I can't speak on behalf of them.

Anyways, the above URL will be sent along with your interview invites to UofT, so the information should be up shortly.

Archived