Premed 101 Forums

Observership Category?

Sahara

I've been on the forums for quite a while but this is my first post :D. This summer after completing my 3rd year of undergrad I went abroad to complete an observership (as they don't let you do that in Canada). It was 7-weeks long in total and I spent that time in 5 different departments. Now my question is, which category does it go under?

-Awards and Accomplishments?

-Formal Education (can't add details with this one)

-Volunteer (Name is as job shadowing coz that's what I actually did along with interacting with patients). Observership somehow sounds more professional than job shadowing i think.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've been on the forums for quite a while but this is my first post :D. This summer after completing my 3rd year of undergrad I went abroad to complete an observership (as they don't let you do that in Canada). It was 7-weeks long in total and I spent that time in 5 different departments. Now my question is, which category does it go under?

-Awards and Accomplishments?

-Formal Education (can't add details with this one)

-Volunteer (Name is as job shadowing coz that's what I actually did along with interacting with patients). Observership somehow sounds more professional than job shadowing i think.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I put my shadowing under "other" since it did not involve me actually providing a service and was therefore not considered volunteering. It doesn't seem like shadowing (or observeship, or whatever else ppl want to call it) belongs in any other place imo.

Archived