Premed 101 Forums

Other information section

Hi everyone,

in the other information section, they ask you for your alternate plans if you are not admitted to medicine. The character limit is 255 characters, however I've noticed that it doesn't really cut you off if you go over the limit.

I wonder if this going to be problem, in that will the adcoms only see the 1st 255 characters regardless of how much you've been allowed to type in the box?

What is everyone doing? Staying below 255 chars? or Going a little bit over? I'm at 488 chars at the moment.

Hi everyone,

in the other information section, they ask you for your alternate plans if you are not admitted to medicine. The character limit is 255 characters, however I've noticed that it doesn't really cut you off if you go over the limit.

I wonder if this going to be problem, in that will the adcoms only see the 1st 255 characters regardless of how much you've been allowed to type in the box?

What is everyone doing? Staying below 255 chars? or Going a little bit over? I'm at 488 chars at the moment.

i havent done this yet but id follow what they say. they could only see the first 255 like you said. you could call them to find out. but your almost double so i would def cut back - but thts just me

Yes I would definitely try to keep it short and sweet. It's more an exercise for the applicant than information for the committee. They want you to be thinking about alternative careers/plans given the competitiveness of the program.

Thanks everyone!

I e-mailed them this morning, and they said just stay below 255 characters. And yeah, teahatingbrit, I was actually describing it in too much detail. But I'll change it now.

Gracias!

Archived