Premed 101 Forums

Research - type of publication

For this section:

Indicate the type of publications: paper, abstract and presentation at a scientific meeting etc., accepted or published with a reference, but not submitted or in preparation.

I am taking this to mean two possible things:

1) Only mention it if it's accepted or published. Include reference.

2) Only include reference if it's accepted or published. If it's submitted or in preparation, you don't need to include reference.

I have a paper that's just submitted. I really want to include it, but I hope I'm not misreading the instructions. Any thoughts?

What happens if its a thesis paper? Or if you did research but its not published? Because it says

""Use the 'Verifiers' function to provide the name and location of your employer. Do not list research positions which are part of your graduate training or honours program. These should be listed under the Research section."

So, what happens if you didn't "publish" anything? It still says to list it.

Hi, Last min question...

Im still not sure which category to put my research that I've been working at for a 3 months (in a chem lab). I have no pub but my supervisor thinks I could get one in a couple months. I really want to put it somewhere as it is my only research experiance. Do you think it's okay to put it under Research but then to put something like "project in progress, possible publication in future" in the publication part? Thanks for your help.

Hmm I never realized that it said not to put unpublished research... I think I'll leave it anyway.

BTW I put a published review article under awards and accomplishments. Should I move it to research? I put a conference presentation as xtracurricular, should I put it under research?

Hmm I never realized that it said not to put unpublished research... I think I'll leave it anyway.

BTW I put a published review article under awards and accomplishments. Should I move it to research? I put a conference presentation as xtracurricular, should I put it under research?

Although a published review article is quite an accomplishment, as far as the applications goes, I think it's more suitable under the "Research" category.

Same goes for conference presentation IMO.

Hi, Last min question...

Im still not sure which category to put my research that I've been working at for a 3 months (in a chem lab). I have no pub but my supervisor thinks I could get one in a couple months. I really want to put it somewhere as it is my only research experiance. Do you think it's okay to put it under Research but then to put something like "project in progress, possible publication in future" in the publication part? Thanks for your help.

Hey guys anybody think what I said above would be ok? or should I list is under "other" or something? Time is ticking

Hey guys anybody think what I said above would be ok? or should I list is under "other" or something? Time is ticking

I don't see why not...

Just check the instructions in the "Research" category (once you expand it to enter additional details) that there isn't anything written there that would make you think otherwise.

Archived