Premed 101 Forums

Chances at OTTAWA oop

First off a quick question, that 3.95, is that OMSAS standard GPA, or is that according to uOttawa`s WGPA?

Other than that, it really depends on the EC's, since it seems like you will make the cutoff on the grades... but competition is really high at uOttawa since it accepts 3rd years and people without MCATs, so it has a really large applicant pool and minimal metrics for comparison.

First off a quick question, that 3.95, is that OMSAS standard GPA, or is that according to uOttawa`s WGPA?

Other than that, it really depends on the EC's, since it seems like you will make the cutoff on the grades... but competition is really high at uOttawa since it accepts 3rd years and people without MCATs, so it has a really large applicant pool and minimal metrics for comparison.

The wGPA would be about 3.91-2 I believe. Is there an advantage of having a higher GPA if it exceeds the cutoff GPA?

How do they exactly use the ABS to determine who gets the interview?

I am preparing for a publication, but is that going that give me an edge in any way? (it might get submitted/reviewed by early next year) I also have many many years of volunteer experience and great leadership experiences

it definitely sucks to not have the mcat before the deadline.....

There isn't really a big advantage for a wGPA that greatly exceeds the cutoff, at least not until later in the process, where they go by interview then GPA when ordering offers.

I was just wondering, because it was possible that you had a high GPA but a wGPA that wasn't high enough to make the uOttawa OOP cutoff.

Archived