Premed 101 Forums

Volunteering opportunities in TO?

Guest khoberian

Guest khoberian

Hi guys! I am going to be on a co-op term starting January for four months. Could someone suggest a good volunteering opportunity near the Toronto area that they know is good experience? I know I could prolly find this info on my own. But just wondering if there is someone who's done some volunteering recently and is aware of the opportunites out there. So, thanks tonnes!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi khoberian,

If you do an internet search, or look in toronto.com, there used to be a page listing tens of volunteering opportunities in Toronto. When I last looked at this resource (~2 years or so ago) it listed everything from helping teach adults how to read and write to helping AIDS patients and all sorts of other types of roles in between.

Good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest Ceridwen

There's also a volunteer center on the corner of Spadina and Bloor, in the same building as Downtown Doctors, on the second floor, that has a databank of volunteer resources for TO. I think you can also schedule a personal meeting with someone to help you find a placement. Have fun. Ceridwen

I would recommend doing a part time volunteer placement at the bloorview macmillan children's centre. There are many volunteer opportunities, from helping out with programs to teaching in classrooms. It is a wonderful environment and it will be a rewarding experience.

Guest khoberian

Thanks everyone for the info! Appreciate it all.

Hey Kate, the part about teaching, I was wondering about teaching what subject and at what level?

Archived