Premed 101 Forums

U of T

Guest frustrated

Guest frustrated

I phoned the U of T admissions office and asked to speak to either Judy or Greg regarding my application. I was told that they were much to busy and that they would only respond to email. Four weeks have gone by and I've received nothing. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any suggestions?

Thanx.

Guest MEDCOMPSCI

Well I guess you can send them an e-mail to be sure what is going on. I believe somone posted somewhere (maybe on anandmed) that Mr. Gregg sent and e-mail informing everyone that the class was indeed full, and that they were sending out these letters to people saying that their file was offically closed. If you did not receive one of these letters (ie - yourself) then you are one fo the few files they are keeping open incase another spot were to open up due to someone changing thier mind last minute.

The admissions process seems to be painfully slow at U of T, I too waited a long time before I was notified that my file had been closed. I tried contacting the admissions office to find out how to improve my application, but they have yet to respond...and unlikely will. In past years they have given advice to unsuccessful applicants but from what I understand they no longer have the resources to do so (perhaps, they just don't care to). Either way, I would suggest that you use discussion forums, like this one, to find out where you stand.

All the best.

Archived