Premed 101 Forums

*Toronto Rejections

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Kirsteen, Can MBA

Date:***2/12/2001 7:59 am*PST

Hello,

This question is directed most specifically at jeniah, but if anyone else has insights to offer, please feel free.

Jeniah, you had mentioned that UT has already sent out the March interview invitations, and ~1000 rejection letters. A few questions with respect to that (again, if anyone else has info to share, please do):

1) Do you know anyone who has received an interview invitation?

2) Any idea as to how many applications were received by UT this year? (Hasn't UT received close to 4000 per year for the past number of years?)

3) From where did you retrieve your stats?

4) Does anyone know how UT executes their selection process? That is, are undergraduate applicants evaluated first (based on the fact that there may be less information to process, per applicant, as compared to graduate applicants). Also, I hear that there is no relevance as to the month in which your interview date lands--is this truly true?

Thanks again and good luck,

Kirsteen

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Kirsteen, Can MBA

Date:***2/12/2001 10:53 am*PST

Hello andy,

You are absolutely correct--yahoo! It was the number at the bottom of the stats sheet stating the total number of applicants (3907 for 2000) which stuck with me and threw me. I suppose I assumed that all Ontario applicants would apply to UT, but it appears that most applicants veered towards Mac.

For those of you who have not seen this sheet (listing all Ontario med school requirements plus the application statistics for 2000), it can be found on the OMSAS web site under the .pdf attachment titled, "Program Requirements Chart 2001". You can spring to the OMSAS webpage from this site.

Thank you for the clarification and good luck,

Kirsteen

Archived