Premed 101 Forums

Gen Surg at MUN?

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has done an elective/residency training in general surgery at MUN in Newfoundland? What's the program like? Strengths/Weaknesses? Do you get as much of the weird/wonderful as those in other cities? Does one need a fellowship under one's belt in order to get a job here? If you'd rather be discrete you can private msg me as well.

Thanks in advance...

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has done an elective/residency training in general surgery at MUN in Newfoundland? What's the program like? Strengths/Weaknesses? Do you get as much of the weird/wonderful as those in other cities? Does one need a fellowship under one's belt in order to get a job here? If you'd rather be discrete you can private msg me as well.

Thanks in advance...

I have a friend (foreign guy) who trained in surgery at MUN and got a pretty sought-after fellowship following his residency (he went straight from chief resident into the fellowship and is now off in some surgical specialty in the US). He enjoyed the program, but I cannot offer you any specific information.

http://www.nlphysicianjobs.ca/ --this might help.

• 1 month later...

Archived