Premed 101 Forums

UWO email

Guest piratefan

Guest piratefan

Just wondering how exactly we go about acquiring a UWO email address... I know that some of the 2010's have them already (... facebook stalker...), but cannot quite figure out how it's done. I may have missed that part of the orientation package, or it may just be that my brain is fried after too many days working in the hot sun.

Suggestions?

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting everyone next year!

~pf

Guest SuckaMD

I also tried to set up my Western Email account a few days ago and couldn't figure it out. Apparently we need a PIN number of some sort, which supposedly comes on a letter from UWO which I seem not to have received. Does anyone know where/how we can find it out? I haven't even gotten a letter yet from UWO with my student number on it, for that I had to look on the tuition bill that came last week.

Guest Buffy926

Hey, I figured out how to activate my UWO email account thanks that link above that enabled my to get my pin #. Does anyone know if we can activate our email for life account (xxx2010@meds.uwo.ca) now? I tried to but I keep getting this message saying authentication required and I'm not sure which username and password to use.

Guest SuckaMD

I think I remember reading in the Orientation literature we were sent that there is time after the white coat ceremony to enable our Meds Email and other computer access accounts. Can someone confirm that this is the case?

Guest blinknoodle

I am not sure if the Emailforlife (E4L) accounts are set-up yet, but you can try. You will have time to activate all your accounts during orientation, but I know some of you will like to get your email addresses changed before school starts.

Go to www.schulich.uwo.ca/emailforlife and scroll down to "What is My username and password?" to plug in your student number for further info.

In general, your USERNAME is in the format: first initial + last name + year of graduation. If there is more than one person with this first initial + lastname combo, someone will have either a 1 or a 2 inserted.

Example: jsmith2010

Your initial PASSWORD is your student #, so 250xxxxxx

Archived