Premed 101 Forums

How did you know you were ready?

windz

Your practice scores will tell you... you generally score in +/- 1 on each section compared to your practice attempts on the AAMC tests.

So you know what Western and Queen's will have roughly for a cutoff. You would hope to scoring in that range on the practice tests before taking the real thing.

How did you guys know that you were ready before taking the actual MCAT? Did you wait until you can pretty much get perfect in a practice MCAT test or straight away after you finished the prep course/preparation and hope for the best?

Set yourself a realistic goal for the practice questions and when you consistently hit that mark, you are ready. I don't think it's wise to wait for a "perfect" score because most of us couldn't ever hit a perfect score (assuming perfect = full marks).

I didn't. lol. But I had my test date picked out and I just tried to prepare myself as best as I could. I gave myself a few months of studying and had taken all the content classes in university. So, I knew that I had mastered the material. It was just a matter of spending those 3 months perfecting my test taking skills.

Archived