Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Biology experts - which book did you use?

The Law

KamG, Law, thanks alot guys. I was getting concerned about having to spend too much time reading through TPR and EK material, and not having enough time to do the AAMC practice tests. Thanks for the tips.

Just start studying early. Then you can adjust your schedule accordingly. I'd start with EK though! They're concise. I mix it up between EK concept book and EK 1001 book for areas that I'm not that strong in. But remember, taking the test is very different from just answering the problems. EK 1001 is good for helping you learn the concepts better. For BIO, I'd say Ek1001 is not that good so don't bother with that, but for physics/chem and orgo it has a lot of practice Q.

Just start studying early. Then you can adjust your schedule accordingly. I'd start with EK though! They're concise. I mix it up between EK concept book and EK 1001 book for areas that I'm not that strong in. But remember, taking the test is very different from just answering the problems. EK 1001 is good for helping you learn the concepts better. For BIO, I'd say Ek1001 is not that good so don't bother with that, but for physics/chem and orgo it has a lot of practice Q.

how early should i start? i write in early april and i've already gotten through TPR MCAT math and EK verbal reasoning. how many months did you guys study for?

Archived