Premed 101 Forums

Radiology interview

Hello all,

I was just wondering whether some of the radiology residents could help us by giving us some general hints from each program across Canada.. I am sure there all enough of us out there desperately looking for ways to increase our chance to match in our first or second options.

Thank you all

SaraKJ

Questions you can expect everywhere:

1) Why radiology / tell me about yourself and your experiences that have led you to radiology

2) Why this program / city / location?

The remaining questions can be from any category, akin to medical school interviews.

I would also prepare some questions you would like to ask the program, as there is often time dedicated to this.

And try to relax (easier said than done)! I think programs want to get a sense of who you are and what you will be like to work with over the next 5 yrs, as radiology residency involves building bridges not only with other residents and staff in your program, but also with technologists and other departmental staff, and in particular, students, residents, and staff from referring services.

Sorry, I am not going to be in Toronto between now and CaRMS, but you can do a mock interview with anyone if you give them a list of questions, or even just by yourself with a voice recording device or a video camera. The value of a mock interview is to practice expressing yourself in a clear and concise manner, and to be able to replay the interview and find out how you sound to an interviewer. Some university career centres offer this service as well.

Archived