Premed 101 Forums

Advice about MCAT preparation

zeitgeist

Hello all,

I'm in my 3rd year of undergrad and was planning on writing the MCAT this summer (late May or September)

My predicament is that I was also hoping to do a 2-month work internship in Germany during June-July, so my plans for taking the Kaplan course are a little off and I need some advice please. I was contemplating taking the course with the online instructor right now, alongside my full-time studies; good idea?

If I were to take the course with an in-class instructor, I would have to skip the internship OR write the MCAT in September; will writing so late be disadvantageous?

I'm a fairly strong student, and I was also considering just studying on my own; is Kaplan really that crucial to success on the MCAT?

Thanks for your helpful advice.

Hello all,

I'm in my 3rd year of undergrad and was planning on writing the MCAT this summer (late May or September)

My predicament is that I was also hoping to do a 2-month work internship in Germany during June-July, so my plans for taking the Kaplan course are a little off and I need some advice please. I was contemplating taking the course with the online instructor right now, alongside my full-time studies; good idea?

If I were to take the course with an in-class instructor, I would have to skip the internship OR write the MCAT in September; will writing so late be disadvantageous?

I'm a fairly strong student, and I was also considering just studying on my own; is Kaplan really that crucial to success on the MCAT?

Thanks for your helpful advice.

It depends on your learning style. If you're an independent learner the kaplan resources (text books, online tests etc.) are more than enough. If you like the structured in class style then maybe the course is a better idea.

Keep in mind that the MCAT does not have a huge knowledge portion to it. After you review the basics, time is best invested working on practice questions.

Hope this helps.

Archived