Premed 101 Forums

tuition due question

Guest ezrock

Guest ezrock

hey. im assuming other people have received their tuition bill. I had thought the $1000 deposit when we accepted the admission offer counted as a deposit towards the tuition due. Would this not drop the tuition fee to $14500 and change? In the upper right corner, it says i have a previous balance of $0 rather than $1000. Anyone have any ideas?

-Ian

Hmmm, that's strange.. my slip shows the $1000 previous balance (so the fee due is indeed ~$14500). Maybe check with the admissions office if it's a typo?

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Looks like your $1000 went to the UWO Meds 2006 Drinking Fund- uh, I mean, it's probably just a typo. Yes, a typo.

UWO Meds 2006 Drinking Fund- what a silly concept! :lol

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest snowpea

Hmm... if you didn't say anything, I wouldn't have noticed! My invoice doesn't show the $1000 deposit either. I guess I'll have to call the admissions office tomorrow?

Guest ezrock

hey snowpea. could you let me know what they say? I won't have a chance to call the office tomorrow because I'm at work all day. I'd appreciate hearing what their answer. cheers,

-Ian

Guest snowpea

So I have just called Meds Admin, and they transferred me directly to the fees office (yay, no waiting on the line!) The person who worked there told me that they still have a "slew of medical deposits to put through." He said to check your balance online in 3-4 days, and it should drop by $1000. You can go to registrar.uwo.ca to check your balance. You'll need your student number and PIN number. Hope this helps!

~Virginia

Thanks Virginia,

I had the same problem so I'm glad you've called and figured things out:D !! (No doubt others here appreciate it too!)

*jess

Guest Steve MD09

The statement I got in the mail didn't include the deposit, but when I logged in today, the $1000 was deducted from the amount owing.

Guest UWOMED2005

What a bunch of lousy crooks.

(can you tell this UWO grad just got his OSAP bill? Apparently you DO have to pay all those loans back. . .)

Archived