Premed 101 Forums

Proof of registration?

Guest Steve U of T

Guest Steve U of T

I'll need proof of registration to open my line of credit. When will we be receiving this (tuition statement or something of the sort)? The closing date on the condo I bought is August 17, and I'd really prefer to have my line of credit open before then. Will we be receiving our tuition statement by then, or should I contact the registrar's office to ask for it earlier? The registration package says to contact them if it doesn't arrive by August 24, but I need it a lot sooner than that.

Guest Steve U of T

They took a copy of my offer of admission to approve me for the line of credit, but they won't open the account without proof of registration (after all, not everyone who is accepted chooses to attend medical school).

Guest blinknoodle

I got my tuition statement 2 days ago in the mail.

I'm not sure when it arrives for incoming students.

Last year I don't remember exactly when it arrived, but it was much earlier than August 24th. I know I was able to pay my tuition the first week of August.

Guest LK MD

Hey Steve,

I checked Western's website to see when tuition was due and it said August 9th for first year med students. So I'm assuming we're going to get billed fairly soon if we have to pay in a few weeks.

LK

Guest Steve U of T

Thanks Blinknoodle and Luke. That sounds good. I suppose I should start familiarizing myself with UWO's website instead of being lazy and asking questions here.

Guest Wendy

I was skimming through the registration packet, and I think it says on one of the last pages that we will get the bill for tuition by August 26th at the latest. So I think that may mean that tuition would be due some time after. Not sure though, I don't have the packet in front of me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Steve MD09

I got my tuition invoice today, so I can send that to my bank and open my account. For those who haven't received it yet, we owe around $15,450 total, and the minimum payment ($10k and change) is due by August 17. It doesn't appear that we can pay by credit card, so no reward points.

Guest Steve MD09

Yeah, but those don't count for rewards points. However, I may still do that since I have an interest rate of 2.9% on my credit card at the moment.

Archived