Premed 101 Forums

buying a house

Guest ubcpath

Guest ubcpath

Starting UWO in the fall and want to buy a condo. Do any moderators or med students know of what areas are good places to live, close to the school?

Thanks

Guest UWOMED2005

I have a number of friends who chose this option. It works great if you can get the funds!

One friend's parents bought a condo at 685 Richmond and I think they made about $60,000 on the sale.

There are nice condos at Masonville Gardens, and a few located a bit south of Oxford and Richmond. . . those are the locations where I can remember friends buying.

Guest InspectorKewl

If one were purchasing a condo, and transportation

wasn't an issue (i.e. proximity to campus isn't a

concern), what location/area is "best" to look into?

(taking into considering overall value & that it be

a relatively safe/clean part of town). Thanks!

Guest makdaddy08

Probably still be smart to buy near campus. Value will never really dip down too low because the proximity to campus makes it an attractive buy.

THat said, I'm very happy with the condo we bought last year at 1574 Richmond. Awesome place - spacious, large, well-appointed...coudlnt' ask for more. Check out the condos along Richmond like say..1500-1574 ish. These would all be within easy walking distance (10-15 min) to school. There are also some nice ones by Masonville on Fanshawe Park Road. Would take maybe 30-35 minutes to walk to school but very nice buildings. And of course, downtown (685/695 Richmond area) is sweet. I believe they are building new luxury buildings on Pall Mall st. by the Oscar Taylor's restaurant.

Guest hizo1

just want to second the opinion that buying is a great option because:

a) You save A LOT on rent you'd have to pay.

B) Property values have gone up over the past two years (my property at 1510 richmond has gone up 30% in two years, consult real estate agents to see if this trend will continue).

c) You can rent the spare room out and make more $$.

I think that the best value you can get is Richmond 1500-1574, the condos on fanshawe park road just west of richmond, and especially the PROUDFOOT apartments , (in bold because they haven't been mentioned yet). great value, safe, and only 15 minute drive to school. close to athletic club, A&P and a few good restaurants including ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI FOR $15.

Guest chushmy

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are many condos available within walking distance from campus? Is there any website we can go to where they list houses/condos for sale in London? Thanks:)

-chushmy

Archived