Premed 101 Forums

In need of clarification!

Guest ivtec

Guest ivtec

I have just recently graduated from a DEC in nursing. I would like to go to med school but will take an undergraduate program in the process. Are there any chemistry/biology/math courses that are obligatory to be taken in cegep prior to entering in med school? I am a quebec resident btw.

Thanks for the help!

Guest ivtec

Thanks for the info, just another thing I saw when i clicked on the link on the first paragraph it says:

"Applicants must have received (or be in the final course of study so as to receive) an undergraduate (Bachelor's) degree in any discipline from a recognized college or university consisting of 120 credits minimum prior to the date of registration for the first year of medical studies or the first year of MD-MBA."

Does that mean the undergraduate program I will chose to do must consist a total of 120 credits? And only then can I apply to Med-School.

Thanks for the info, just another thing I saw when i clicked on the link on the first paragraph it says:

"Applicants must have received (or be in the final course of study so as to receive) an undergraduate (Bachelor's) degree in any discipline from a recognized college or university consisting of 120 credits minimum prior to the date of registration for the first year of medical studies or the first year of MD-MBA."

Does that mean the undergraduate program I will chose to do must consist a total of 120 credits? And only then can I apply to Med-School.

No, only 90 credits since you are a quebec resident and you have just completed your DEC.

Guest ivtec

I see that most undergraduate programs are roughly 60 credits, would this mean that I have to do 2 undergraduate programs to fulfill the required 90 :/

I see that most undergraduate programs are roughly 60 credits, would this mean that I have to do 2 undergraduate programs to fulfill the required 90 :/

No... most bachelor programs are at least 90 credits (approx 30/yr over 3 years) assuming you already have a DEC.

What you are probably seeing is the # of credits you need for a MAJOR (ex. physiology). In order to complete the BSc you need to supplement with complementary courses (anything you want to study, or you can go for a minor which consists of around 30 credits in one area of study)

Archived