Premed 101 Forums

biggest challenge during med school?

Guest trustwomen

Guest trustwomen

So I've been ruminating. (No "ruminant" jokes, please, I'm sensitive.) ;)

I've figured out that the biggest challenge for me in the next decade (other than finishing med school, choosing residency, etc...) will be resisting internal corruption. I've never been on the "dominant" side of society before, it's spooking me. People are being nice to me, deferential even, where they did not before (before I got into med school, that is). Banks are throwing money at me, my opinions are given undue gravitas, and it's gonna be important to not believe the hype. It would be so very simple to just slip into primary self-interest... people probably wouldn't even notice. I must ensure that this doesn't happen, so that I can still relate to most people in ten years.

What is everyone else's biggest challenge? (Other than passing, and residency etc...)

Guest 1984MD

I think the biggest challenge that I anticipate during med school/residency will be balancing raising children, maintaining a healthy marriage/good relationship and keeping up with school and the vast amount of new and changing information in medicine. I'm not married or have children yet, but I know that I don't want to wait until my thirties (or after residency) therefore it will be a big challenge juggling all these things in the next 5-10 years...

Archived