Premed 101 Forums

UBC emergency match this year

MIKA

HAHA and the person that matched into UBC Emerg absolutely kicks ass! he/she could have gotten into anything he/she wanted :P

just no weak consults for me comes July 1st. No vague chest pain or something like that , do the tropes first !!! But then again if you write a smilely on the consult I probably wont be mad at you :P

There weren't many UBC students on the tour this year... not sure if many people were interested and didn't interview, or if there just weren't many emerg keeners from UBC.

U of A did take mostly their own, but they had a ton of excellent candidates to choose from (14 or so).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
HAHA and the person that matched into UBC Emerg absolutely kicks ass! he/she could have gotten into anything he/she wanted :P

just no weak consults for me comes July 1st. No vague chest pain or something like that , do the tropes first !!! But then again if you write a smilely on the consult I probably wont be mad at you :P

Hey "DG"

Thanks man. You kick ass too.

You can count on good w/ups on patients I see. It's going to be a great next 5 years.

PO

There weren't many UBC students on the tour this year... not sure if many people were interested and didn't interview, or if there just weren't many emerg keeners from UBC.

U of A did take mostly their own, but they had a ton of excellent candidates to choose from (14 or so).

UBC students also don't have unlimited amount of elective weeks to devote to one particular specialty - limiting our contact to a lot of programs, and probably our interview invites. But everyone at UBC who wanted FRCP Emerg got it.

PO

Archived