Premed 101 Forums

House

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hey,

I don't know if any of you watch "House" but this eve, Wilson appeared at House's poker game wearing a McGill sweatshirt. I wonder what is the connection between the show and McGill?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

seriously!! I was on the phone with my parents and my dad yelled at my mother to tell me the news...lol...I wonder the connection??

how did your elective go kirsteen? or has it not happened just yet??

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

There might be an advisor to the show who has a connection...

As for the elective, it went well. The folks I met at the Royal Vic were wonderful.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest medicator007

There must be a connection, its the second time McGill clothing has made it on the show. Wilson was wearing a red mcgill t-shirt in the episode where the girl had the tick bite fever.

I don't know what this is, but for now I will assume that Wilson's character went to McGill... which rocks!

Medicator

Guest noncestvrai

Man I missed that one.

I hope they are going to re-air it.

House is my fav med related show, when I have time to watch tv...

noncestvrai

Guest richmond604

good observation! It apparently was his second time appearing in a mcgill shirt...in this season anyway (which makes me wanna go get one myself)..... if my friend didn't tell me about it, I'd have never caught it! I had to go back and pause haha ....that's more convenient to do when you play it on your computer though;)

ps- could it be a conspiracy to bring up the sales..... :lol

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there zizou,

Where did you find that info re: Wilson or Wilson's actor attending McGill? (I had a quick look on Google and the latter certainly didn't pay any McGill fees, although he is a learned man. :) )

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest zizou

I remember I read it somewhere, buit i can't find it. That's what wikipedia tells you: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._James_Wilson

Dr. James Wilson is a fictional character, portrayed by Robert Sean Leonard, on the American drama House. Wilson is the Head of the Department of Oncology at Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Conventionally, he is the only true friend of the drama’s anti-hero, Dr. Gregory House. Wilson frequently provides House with consultations and aid.

Wilson is known to be Jewish, as is alluded to in several episodes. His education is unknown however in two episodes, he was dressed in a McGill University sweatshirt.

He is shown to have been married multiple times. His current marriage, which is possibly his third, is known to be on the rocks following adultery on the part of his wife. In all truth, however, Wilson himself is not innocent of cheating, as he admits to one of his colleagues in the course of the show. As a result of the affair, Wilson reluctantly took up refuge in the apartment of House. He recently moved out, under the premise that he had found his own apartment. It was revealed however that he was actually living with one of his terminally-ill patients.

Within the scope of a popular comparison which draws a parallel between Dr. House and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, Wilson equates to Dr. Watson. This point is displayed in that, throughout the course of the show, Dr. House consults upon his medical quandaries with Wilson, such as Holmes is shown to do with Watson upon his cases.

Guest medicator007

Well this comes from a story on the cover of the entertainment section of The Montreal Gazette this week. Apparently the wardrobe department of the show contacted someone at McGill to request McGill clothing to be worn by Dr. Wilson as they attempt to position him as a "McGill Grad" in the show. In the article it says, that the McGillian looked into the character to make sure there was nothing too unsavoury to preclude association with our school and consented. Apprarently adultery and sleeping with your terminal patients isn't considered to be too unsavoury, but perhaps they didn't have ITP when Dr. Wilson went here.

Anyways, this just further adds to the awesomeness of the show... go Dr. Wilson!!

So there you have it, for those interested this piece was written by Bill Brownstein.

Medicator

Archived