Premed 101 Forums

Question about tuition costs

Guest mad

For everyone that currently studies at McGill, could you tell me how much it costs you? I've heard people say 2000$, others say 3000 to 5000 $ per year. I just want to have an idea how much tuition costs at McGill (for a quebec resident). Is it cheaper at other med schools in Quebec? Not that it would influence my choice anyway.

Thanks!

Guest medicator007

Tuition in Quebec is on a per credit basis, with In-Province students paying $55.61 per credit.... first year is 64 credits thus $3,559.04 for the tuition... PLUS all the added fees, copyright, transcripts, society fees, insurance, library improvement fees....etc which can add up.

That being said as a regulated field ALL quebec schools cost the same for medicine.... though they may have different ancillary fees

www.medicine.mcgill.ca/admissions/tuition.htm

Hope that helps,

Medicator

Thanks for the link medicator :)

So this means it would cost 11066.39 for the 4 years of med school only for the credits. Lets say books and other stuff cost 2000$ per year for 4 years, that would make it around 20 000$ for med school. I think thats pretty cheap actually. I've read american forums and most students there get out of med school with 100 000$ + debt :eek :eek

Do you know how many credits is the premed year?

Guest ssc427
that would make it around 20 000$ for med school. I think thats pretty cheap actually.

Shockingly cheap. Most meds in the rest of Canada pay ~20K/year.

Guest AltGab

Hey,

Just one thing, the prices for the In-province students are:

yr1: 6033.39

yr2: 4587.12

yr3: 4086.63

yr4: 2994.22

Hope this helps,

Gab

PS: This is with the class notes, society fees, students services... included

Guest TyShams

yup yup, and as far as I know, the yearly fees are divided into three parts. So you don't have to pay the entire tuition for an academic year in one fell swoop, that's probably because the first year of BOM is divided into fall, winter, and summer sessions.

TyShams

Archived