Premed 101 Forums

Quiet place to study on campus for someone to study and passport photo rules

I have two questions. First, a friend of mine is driving me to campus the day of the interview, and wants to be able to study while I am doing the tour/interview. Does anyone familiar with the campus know of a place where a non-Mac student could set up a laptop etc. (e.g. a Starbucks or a library)? Second, do the ID photos we provide have to be actual passport photos (i.e. notarized with no expression etc.), or can we just give them a passport-sized photo? Thanks very much!

In MDCL (the building where the interviews are taking place) there's a huge atrium on first floor that has trees and a waterfall and wireless which is really nice to study in. There's also the health sciences library next door in the health sciences centre. However, your friend won't be able to access wireless without being a mac student. If internet is imperative then there's a William's coffee pub right across from the university on Main St, and they have free wireless.

For your second question, I believe it just needs to be a passport-sized photo.

my photo is passport sized but i'm smiling and wearing glasses....which i believe is not allowed in a regulation passport photo. +1 for not looking like a convicted felon!

As in sunglasses?

If I was a school, I'd probably ask for clear photo of your face, without sunglasses, hats, etc.

As in sunglasses?

If I was a school, I'd probably ask for clear photo of your face, without sunglasses, hats, etc.

as in regular prescription glasses, of course!

hahaha I wouldnt never think of sunglasses when someone says 'glasses". of course i wouldnt wear sunglasses in the picture...thats silly

Archived