Premed 101 Forums

Language book?

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

A former McGill faculty member mentioned to me that there is a French vocabulary book of medical terms that is available from McGill. Apparently this used to be distributed to students by the medical school. Does anyone know if this resource still exists and where I can snag one for my upcoming electives?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest med2006McGill

Hi,

While organizing my books, I realized that there is something called "English-French Medical History for English Speaking Residents & Medical Students". It's available at Copy Nova (a photocopying place at Peel & Sherbrooke). I photocopied it, forgot about it...so never ended up using it. Looking at it now, it looks pretty useful! There are sections on general anatomy, common expressions, case history and functional inquiry. I hope it's not too late for you to get it! Let me know if you need anymore info!

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

That sounds like just the thing. If you have any more details about Copy Nova, that'd be great to have as I'll head down there when I arrive.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest med2006McGill

The exact address for Copy Nova is 1015 Sherbrooke W (848-0423). It is located in the basement, right at the NE corner of Peel & Sherbooke. It's right in the centre of McGill campus and easily accessible by subway (closest station Peel). Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Archived