Premed 101 Forums

Question about autobio letter and references.

Guest mad

Guest McGillMed2010

Hi,

for the 4 year program, we didn't have to include any references either (except the evaluation letters)... When I applied to the med p program a couple years ago, we didn't have to inluce references... it's only for the ontario schools that you need to have verifiers

Thanks a lot!

Just another question.. it says its 1200 words max for the biography (4 pages). I did 1260 words.. do you think thats okay? I saw someone's autobiography letter as an example (he got admitted to Med-P) and I think he did more than 1200 words too..

I think I'm being too paranoid.

Guest medicator007

Actually they pay a whole bunch of first year med students to read each and every autobio letter and count every word, the moment it goes over 1200 the whole file gets thrown out. :lol

Relax... just don't make it 1800 words and its fine.

Medicator

Guest McGillMed2010

mine was over the word count as well (maybe around 1,400 or something) but it was definately under 4 pages... I was told by admissions that as long as it was under 4 pages, they really don't start counting words. Most of my friends went over 1,200 words (some even went very close to 2000 words) but were still under 4 pages... It is is over 4 pages, then maybe that would raise a flag..

I remember a few years ago they actually didn't even give a max word limit and just said 4 pages max...

anyone else agree with me here? thanks

Yes, it says approx. 4 pages on the site. But what I dont understand is how someone got 2000 to fit on only 4 pages! You'd have to use a size 10 font for that, plus they tell you to do it double spaced.. unless they did the text without any paragraphs.. which would be hell to read.

Guest McGillMed2010

I saw their letter, it was around 1,900 words, 12 point, double spaced with 1 inch margin. I think it's just because they used a lot of small words (?). Mine was 1,400 (or maybe 1,500, i forget) and it was like 3 or 4 lines shy of 4 pages. I'm hoping they don't count but I figure 4 pages was good and that they weren't going to waste time counting words...

Archived